Do you have a family member who is Deaf or Hard of Hearing? Join us for programs that are presented by Deaf performers and ASL interpreted programs!
Date: Saturday, June 29, 2019
Admission: This registration is for parties with at least one person who is Deaf or Hard of Hearing. Pre-registeration is required to receive discount admission. All guests must pay admission at the Admissions Desk upon arrival.
- Non members: $8.50 per person (half off regular admission price)
- Members: Free
ASL Interpreted Programs.
- 11 am: Magic show by Deaf magician, Steve Weiner There’s nothing scary in Steve’s show, but everything is geared towards comedy and fun tricks he has collected for the past 30+ years of his career!
- 12 pm: Family Circle Bring your lunch and meet other families! There will be resources and a conversation facilitated by Katie McCarthy from Boston Children’s Hospital’s Deaf and Hard of Hearing Program.
- 1:30 pm: KidStage show: The Tale of the Three Little Pigs
- 2:30 pm: Dance workshops by Deafblind dancer, Kerry Thompson How do you dance if you cannot hear the music? How do you dance if you cannot see? Is salsa and merengue a food or a dance? What is bachata? Come find out as Kerry Thompson, a Deafblind dancer and Director for Silent Rhythms Dance, teaches us to think about music and dance in a different way through performances and workshops.
Saki Iwamoto, Health and Wellness Educator